Employee Health Services on the MCV Campus has moved to the Nelson Clinic, 1st floor, 401 N. 11th St., Richmond, VA 23298. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Employee Health Services
Employee Health Services provides a wide range of health and wellness services to both university and health system employees. In addition to new employee screening for those who require it, our team provides clinical guidance and support to current employees and university departments with work-related and general health concerns, injuries, or exposures. Preventative care such as flu and COVID-19 vaccinations are available to employees.
We also work collaboratively with other VCU and VCU Health schools and departments to provide consultation with VCU Human Resources regarding FMLA-related and job performance issues, as well as presentations of workplace health and safety information.
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monroe Park Campus location
800 W. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23220
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wellness screenings to check cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure (schedule your appointment here)
- This Fall, Walk-in flu shots and COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters will be available Monday through Friday.
- Workplace injury assessments and basic first aid
- Employee Health nurse call line (804-628-2594) to speak with a nurse about your health, immunizations or any work-related health concern during our hours of operation
MCV Campus location
Nelson Clinic, 1st floor | 401 N. 11th St., Richmond, VA 23298
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. | phone: (804) 828-0584
*We've moved! Employee Health Services on the MCV Campus has moved from West Hospital to the Nelson Clinic, 1st floor, 401 N. 11th St., Richmond, VA 23298 effective on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appointments for pre-placement health assessments for new employees, including new hires and transfers/promotions, whose position requires contact with blood or bodily fluids. Appointments must be scheduled within 10 days of the first day of work. Call (804) 828-0584 for scheduling assistance.
- Evaluations and treatment of occupational injuries as well as medical management of worker's compensation cases
- Walk-in flu shots and COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are available Monday through Friday
- Blood pressure checks
Additional locations at VCU Health Tappahannock Hospital and
VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital
View the upcoming Flu immunization clinics offered at VCU with locations on both Monroe Park and MCV campuses. Stay up to date with information related to the Flu vaccine and how to schedule an appointment.
Employee Health Nurse Call Line
Talk to a nurse about your health, COVID-19 or any work-related health concern.
Call: (804) 628-2594
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Access free, virtual health and well-being support 24/7. Services include on-demand counseling, scheduled counseling, health coaching and self-care content.
Health Advisories (COVID-19)
We each have roles and responsibilities to promote safety in our learning, work and living environments. Take precautions to protect yourself and others from infectious illnesses by staying in-the-know.
RamStrong is a collective health and well-being resource for the entire VCU community. Explore resources from the eight dimensions of well-being: physical, emotional, financial, occupational, intellectual, environmental, social and spiritual. Check out well-being resources, monthly events, on demand sessions and more!