Employee Health Services
Employee Health Services provides a wide range of health and safety services to both university and health system employees. In addition to new employee screening for those who require it, our team provides clinical guidance and support to current employees and university departments with work-related and general health concerns, injuries, or exposures. Preventative care such as flu and COVID-19 vaccinations are available to employees.
We also work collaboratively with other VCU and VCU Health schools and departments to provide consultation with HR regarding FMLA-related and job performance issues, as well as presentations of safety and injury prevention, stress management, workplace violence prevention, and other workplace health and safety information.
Services for Employees
- COVID-19 testing and vaccination
- Annual preventive flu shots are available to VCUHS team members on the MCV campus and University employee flu clinic information can be found here.
- Employee Health hotline that connects employees with clinicians for any health-related questions
- Periodic exams designed to detect signs or symptoms of ill health related to working conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses for workers' compensation
- Medical monitoring for biohazard exposure
- Vaccinations and immunizations for employees working with infectious agents or at risk of exposure to infectious diseases
- Evaluations of employees for on-the-job, non-occupational illnesses to help ensure that they do not transmit communicable diseases to coworkers or patients
- Administration of medication provided by the employee for maintenance allergy shots and maintenance medication by injection
- Blood pressure checks for employees on blood pressure medication
- Pre-placement health assessments for new employees whose position requires contact with blood or bodily fluids must be scheduled for a pre-placement health assessment within 10 days of the first day of work. This includes new hires and transfers/promotions. Call (804) 828-0584 for expedited scheduling.
Nurse Call Line
Call to talk to a clinician if you have questions about your health, COVID-19, or any work-related health concern.
Call (804) 628-2594
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
COVID-19 Testing, Vaccination
Testing is offered at the VCU Medical Center Visitor Parking Deck drive-through location. Symptomatic employees do not need to call to schedule testing. A limited number of rapid antigen tests are available in vending machine locations on both campuses. Make an appointment to schedule vaccination through Employee Health. Learn more about:
Health Advisories (COVID-19)
We each have roles and responsibilities to promote safety in our learning, work and living environments. Take precautions to protect yourself and others from infectious illnesses by staying in-the-know.
Ramstrong provides resources for managing 8 key dimensions of well-being: physical, emotional, financial, intellectual, occupational, environmental, social and spiritual.
Employee Health Locations
VCU MCV Campus:
West Hospital, 1st Floor West Wing
1200 East Broad St., Richmond
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Additional locations at VCU Health Tappahannock Hospital and
VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital